Rajiv Gandhi Government Post Graduate Ayurvedic College Paprola is the only college of this type in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated in Paprola town of Distt. Kangra on National Highway No. 20. the nearest Railway station is Baijnath Paprola (Northern Railway).The nearest airport is Gaggal in Distt. Kangra.
50 Kms away from the college. The world famous Lord Shiva temple of Baijnath is at a distance of 2 Kms from the college. The college is under patronage of Govt. of Himachal Pradesh for last 35 years. The entire campus is surrounded by hills which are rich in herbal flora.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The college apart from serving as premier institute of training of Ayurvedic undergraduates and post-graduate students, is also engaged in promotion and propagation of Ayurvedic system of Medicine. The aims and objectives of this college are listed below.
- To promote the growth and development of Ayurveda.
- To produce graduates who could efficiently serve in state Ayurvedic health services and also as Ayurvedic practitioners by providing relief to the patients by Ayurvedic therapeutic measures
- To conduct postgraduate training and research with the aim of producing specialists in various fields of Ayurveda and also to add to the research in Ayurveda on scientific parameters.
- To run a college hospital, to provide health care to patients by specialists of various fields of Ayurveda.
- To co-ordinate with the other states and national health services for providing complete health care to the suffering people of state.
- To conduct re-orientation training programmes for Ayurvedic teachers and physicians as a part of continuous medical education and to providethe latest advances in the field of Ayurveda and modern sciences.
- To disseminate information of Ayurvedic education and research through periodicals, research papers, books, seminars, symposia, workshops, camps etc. and to undertake other ancillary works for furtherance of the objectives of this institute.
COURSES RUN -
The college is presently running following courses:-
i) Five and half years graduate level course of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) inclusive of one year internship.
ii) Three years Post-Graduate level M.D./M.S. Ayurveda courses in subjects of Kayachikitsa (Internal Medicine), Shalya (Surgery), Shalakya (Eye and ENT), Prasuti Tantra and Stree Roga (Obstetrics and Gynae), Bal Rog (Paediatrics), Samhita and Sidhanta (Basic Principles), Ras Shastra & Bhaishjaya Kalpana (Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science), Dravya Guna Vigyan (Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy),Rog Nidan and Vikriti Vigyan (Pathology), Swasthavrita (Preventive and Social Medicine) an Panchakarma.
iii) Reorientation training programmes of Ayurvedic Medical Officers of one to two months duration.
iv) House job of Ayurvedic graduates in different clinical subjects of one year duration.
v) Pharmacist training programme is running for 150 students at Joginder Nagar. However the faculty of Rajiv Gandhi Govt. P.G. Ayurvedic College Paprola has been assigned the responsibility of teaching over there.
The college is recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) which regulates Ayurvedic education in the country. It also determines the number of seats in the college for undergraduate and post-graduate courses. The college follows the academic curriculums and guidelines established by CCIM.
The college is permanently affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. The University has independent Board of Studies and Faculty of Ayurveda for recommending the curriculum and the mode of examination in the college. The University awards the degree to the successful students of the college. for more information about university CLICK HERE