Rajiv Gandhi Govt Post Graduate Ayurvedic College Hospital, Paprola, is a 215 bedded multi specialty hospital affiliated with the College. Situated in the campus of the institute. The hospital is being managed by a full time Medical Superintendent. This hospital provides the basic facilities for clinical training
& research for the B.A.M.S. and Post Graduate students. It runs the specialties of Medicine, Surgery, Ophthalmology, E.N.T., Dentistry, Gynecology and Pediatrics Swasthwrita & Yoga etc. The Hospital has a well equipped operation theatre and a Labour Room. The Panchakarma and Kshar-Sootra facilities provided by this hospital are unique in themselves throughout the state. The hospital is equipped with investigation facilities of Blood, Urine, Stool, Biochemistry, X-Ray and E.C.G. The hospital has also been provided with the Ultrasonography & TMT machine. The people of the nearby areas in particular and state as a whole are being benefited by the O.P.D. and I.P.D. services of this hospital. The hospital plays a vital role in popularizing the traditional system of Indian Medicines i.e. Ayurveda in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Over 50000 OPD and 3000 IPD patients seek treatment in College Hospital annually.
The specialist facilities are being provided by the consultants of the various departments of the Institute. The hospital is also participating in propagating other national programmes like Diarrhoeal Diseases Control Programme, Immunization Programme, National Blindness Control Programme and Polio Eradication Programme etc.
The B.A.M.S. graduates trained from this hospital are serving in all the corners of the state and fulfilling the health needs of the rural as well as urban areas of the state.
Following Hospitals of the State Govt, with combined capacity of 100 beds are also affiliated hospitals of the Institute for the purpose of Teaching, Training and Research.
(i) DistrictAyurvedicHospital Dharamshala - 20 beds
(ii) Circle Hospital Joginder Nagar - 20 beds
(iii) Ayurvedic Hospital Haldra Kona Palampur - 10 beds
(IV) Civil Hospital, Baijnath - 50 beds
The hospital is having facility of Sputum testing of Tuberculosis and treatment through DOT facility in campus. It has facility of ICTC for HIB/AIDS and also facility of free of cost Geriatric Panchkarma treatment.
Other salient points are -
1. Over 90000 OPD and 7000 IPD Patients are benefitted by this Hospital annually.
2. Over 3000 Major and Minor Operations and nearly 900 deliveries are conducted annually in hospital.
3. The hospital is providing free treatment facilities to poor under Rashtrya Swasth Bima Yojana programme.
4. The hospital is providing free delivery services to patients under Matri Sishu Suraksha Kriyakalap.
5. The hospital is destination for services to patients carried by 108 ambulance service of State.
6. Hospital has outsourced a 24 Hour in house medical store for convenience of patients.
7. Rogi Kalyan Samiti has been established in Hospital.
8. Hospital Medical waste is disposed of through the authorized agency under supervision of Pollution Control Board of State.
9. Hospital have 24 hour security form Ex-Servicemen League Hamirpur’s, Security Guards.
10. Canteen Facilities to Students and Patients are provided in College and Hospital